Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour in Duggan

Last night I played a house concert in the living room of Edmonton's equivalent to the Brady Bunch. Margo and her three daughters and Mike and his two sons. There was a great spread of food and booze. There was a famous athlete in attendance, Lori-Ann Muenzer, Canada's first Olympic Gold Medalist in Cycling, something like that. Everyone had a great time, it was my first full night show without the splint, I have essentially learned to not use my third finger, but I am really looking forward to having it back.
The first half of the concert took place during earth hour, so they killed the breaker and lit candles, it was well enough lit and made a good mellow atmosphere. The next set felt like the earlier set cause of all the lights.
Margo put the show on because she likes my music, that means the world to me, being invited to play cause people like what you do., as opposed to being hired to sell beer. I feel lucky everytime I get to do a concert, even when there are a dozen in a row. I would like to play ten months worth of the year, all over the world. Better start planning my world tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment